THIS YEAR, ELECTION DAY IS NOVEMBER 3, 2015. I hope this website will provide you with information about my service as an alderman at large as you consider the candidates. I want to thank you for visiting my web site and I thank the residents of Somerville for having given me an opportunity to serve as an alderman at large. This “hands on” experience at the level of government closest to the people has taught me a great deal about being an effective representative. During these years, I have tried to think of creative solutions to the pressing problems facing our community, and working with my colleagues to build a consensus to implement those solutions. I have tried to highlight my background and stance on the important issues facing our community in this site.
Here is a link to my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/aldermanwhite
Here is a link to my law office web page www.billwhitelaw.net
Here is a link to an interview on Greater Somerville with Joe Lynch http://greatersomerville.wordpress.com/2011/06/01/bill-white-alderman-at-large-5-31-11/
I hope you find the information on this site helpful as you make your decision for Alderman at Large in Somerville. If you have any questions about my record or my campaign, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Sierra Club of Massachusetts
- Somerville Police Employee’s Association
- Somerville Municipal Employees Association
- Somerville Labor Coalition
- Somerville Firefighters Local 76
- Progressive Democrats of Somerville
- The Somerville Journal, October 24, 2013 in endorsing me stated, Bill White, especially during his tenure as board president this year; has been the most vocal check on proposals and plans from the mayor’s office and the most willing to scrutinize details, down to line by line readings of the budget. The aldermen are often accused, sometimes by themselves, of being a rubber stamp for the mayor’s policies and White has led this year’s turn away from that designation.
- The Somerville News Weekly
- Dig Boston